The history of MacAndrews' services goes back to 1770 when William McAndrew from Elgin in Scotland started importing fruit from Spain and Portugal. He opened two offices - in London and in Liverpool. That was followed by new offices in Spain.
William's descendants decided to concentrate on shipping and in 1857 the very first "McAndrew Line" steamship started operating between ports of Iberian Peninsula and ports of Great Britain.
Through the years the company have been extensively expanded still under McAndrew family rule. In 1917, the fourth generation of the family sold the business to Royal Mail Group.
After being incorporated into Andrew Weir Shipping in 1935, the name was changed into MacAndrews & Company Limited.
MacAndrews are one of the most experienced short-sea operators. As a successor of United Baltic Corporation they are present on the Baltic Sea from 1919 till today.
Today MacAndrews & Co. Ltd. as a part of French shipping line CMA CGM offer regular container service linking port of Gdynia with ports of the United Kingdom (Hull, Felixstowe, Belfast), Ireland (Dublin) as well as Spain (Bilbao) and Portugal (Lisbon, Leixoes).
Thanks to MacAndrews agencies network in all ports of call the clients are offered an excellent just in time "door-door" deliveries.
In addition to the above all MacAndrews agencies are ISO 9001:2000 certified, operating by the same standards and working procedures. Thanks to that the Clients are rendered services of the highest quality.